Applied Anatomy Intensive
With Asha Wolf | March 16-18
Join Asha Wolf, DPT, CMA, E-RYT for a special three-day intensive combining medical anatomy with classical yoga training! In this course we will study the major joints, muscles and connective tissues in the human body. We will explore the principles of structural integration and energy anatomy, as well as learn proper kinetics as applied to yoga asana. Participants will gain confidence in knowing which movements are appropriate and which are contraindicated for particular medical conditions and injuries. The anatomy presented will be simple, powerfully relevant, and easily applied to a variety of yoga postures and sequences.
This intensive is designed to inform and inspire yoga teachers, body workers, yoga students and movement therapists who wish to refine their understanding of movement and the body. Over the course of the weekend students will receive a thorough understanding of how various critical joints work and the relationship of movements to a sustained yoga practice. Students will begin to develop a knowing of how to work intelligently to avoid injury as well as how to address pre-existing injuries and physical limitations.
Open to all individuals with one or more years of a regular yoga practice. Students from all styles of yoga are welcome. Time will be divided between lecture and functional application, so please come prepared and dressed to practice yoga!
Asha is truly a master of her craft; she gives brilliant verbal cues and hands-on adjustments, leads one-on-one and in a group setting with precision and encouragement, and shares her vast knowledge of anatomy with great clarity.
This valuable intensive is ideal for:
- Yoga Teachers
- Movement Therapists
- Yoga Students
Topics will include:
- Understanding complicated joints including the knee, SI joint and shoulder
- The importance of being grounded and internally awake through feet, pelvic floor and psoas
- The function and relationship of the abdominals to the practice and the body
- How to recognize and work with scoliosis
- Cultivating a healthy back and taking care of back problems
- Why energy anatomy is relevant and important to a balanced practice
We will learn to:
- Apply basic anatomy to our yoga practice and teaching
- Create simple yoga-based sequences to assist movement re-patterning
- Use asana as a therapeutic modality of healing
- Support ourselves and our students/clients through an injury rehabilitation process
This 21-hour course includes the following:
- Lectures and discussions on human anatomy
- Practicum on application of anatomy to yoga asana
- Seminars with expert guest speakers on energy anatomy and bodywork
- Detailed yoga and teaching practices for various applications.
- Q&A discussion sessions
- Anatomy book and course-specific handouts.
- Certificate of completion + 21 qualified contact hours for Yoga Alliance’s continuing education credit
Asha Wolf, DPT, CMA, E-RYT holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy and is a Certified Movement Analyst through the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies. A certified yoga instructor since 1992, Asha leads a variety of yoga workshops, anatomy courses, and yoga trainings and classes in Boulder, CO and throughout the United States. Asha is the director of Wolf Physical Rehab, specializing in aiding patients with chronic pain issues and injury rehabilitation using yoga as the primary modality of treatment.
Tuition and Registration
- Tuition is $395
- Please register online here.
- Your registration is secure upon payment.
- Should you need to cancel, we will issue a refund in the amount of $295, up to one month prior to the Intensive. No refunds will be issued after that point.
- If unexpected events force the cancellation of the course, complete refunds will be issued.