French Style Green Beans with Almondsby mary
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 Minutes
- 1 pound French style green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Trim and discard the ends of the green beans. Rinse the beans well, then place them in a steaming rack over rapidly boiling water and steam until just tender; about 8 – 10 minutes. When just tender immediately remove from heat and transfer to a strainer and right away run cold water over the beans, tossing with your hands to stop the cooking and set the vibrant green color. May be prepared to this point up to 3 days in advance if refrigerated in an airtight container.
- To cook, heat the butter or oil in a large skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add the green beans and garlic and toss well to coat with oil. Reduce heat slightly and continue to cook until the beans are heated through and are slightly blistered.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the toasted almonds. Toss to mix and turn out into a serving dish.